- Wing of substantial Victorian House
- Built 1894
- 5 beds, 3 baths, 3 recep
- 0.5 Miles to Hurst Green Station
- South facing rear garden
- 2.5 acre private garden
- Swimming pool and tennis court
- Council tax band H, £4,141.04pa
- Living space 4,981 sq ft
Set back from the road in over 2 acres of private gardens this wing of a substantial Victorian House is within walking distance of the pretty town of Oxted. This commuter town is surrounded by national trust land, and boasts the ever popular Master Park offering year round events. The town includes a Leisure Complex with swimming pool, Independent boutique Cinema and a range of shops including a Morrisons and a Waitrose.
Junction 6 is approximately 3.9 miles away providing easy access to the M25 and Gatwick airport. Oxted mainline railway station is 1 mile away, and Hurst Green mainline railway station 0.5 miles in the other direction, both stations provides fast trains to East Croydon (from 20 minutes), London Bridge (from 37 minutes), London Victoria (from 42 minutes) and London St Pancras International (from 60 mins).
EDUCATION State - St Marys Primary School, ages 4 to 11 years old, rated by Ofsted Outstanding.
Oxted School 11 to 19 years old.
Independent - Hazelwood Nursery and Early Years, 3 months to reception.
Hazelwood Upper School, Years 1 to 13 years old.
The basement houses two large rooms with full height ceilings and ceiling height windows to the rear. One of the rooms, currently used as a utility area, has extensive space for utilities and has built in full height storage cupboards. The other is currently used as a gym but is a flexible space that could be utilised for any number of purposes.
Kitchen, Living room, reception room 2, reception room 3, Cloakroom, Boot room/office, Large central hallway
- Enter into kitchen with wooden floor and original leaded light windows, built in units with marble worktops and breakfast bar with wooden worktop.
- Integrated ovens, electric hob and dishwasher with space for a fridge freezer
- Wood burner to kitchen and stairs down to the cellar
- Wooden floor to large central hallway, with high ceilings and original features, giving access to 3 reception rooms, boot room/office and cloakroom
- Feature oak staircase with oak paneling and a generous under stairs cupboard
- Boot room office is dominated by the original double width front door flanked by the original windows with exposed brickwork and tiled floor to the front.
- Recently renovated downstairs cloakroom with original leaded light windows, exposed brick walls and paneled ceiling
- Feature fireplace to living room with access to and views over the extensive South facing garden
- Large fireplace to second reception room offering far reaching views over the garden and beyond
- Carpet and built cupboards to the third reception room overlooking the front of the property
Master bedroom with en-suite, Bedroom 1 with en-suite 3 further bedrooms, family bathroom
-A stunning oak staircase leads you to the first floor landing. The landing features an original leaded light window and oak balustrading. The impressive landing benefits from having a range of built-in storage cupboards and gives access to the five bedrooms and family bathroom.
-Master Bedroom which is double aspect benefits from having beautiful far reaching views over the garden and countryside, feature fireplace, built in wardrobes.
-En-suite bathroom to Master Bedroom.
-Four further Double Bedrooms - two of which overlook the gardens to the rear.
-Bespoke Window Seats
-En-suite and Family Bathroom
-Loft access to Upper floor.
SECOND FLOOR There is loft access to the upper floor this includes eaves storage, four loft rooms and built in cupboards. There is potential subject to planning to convert the landing and provide further additional accommodation.
The grounds of the property are a gardeners delight and provide ample areas for family entertaining and lawn areas for children to play. The large paved terrace offers wonderful views over the garden and the countryside beyond. Steps lead you down to the vast lawn area which includes feature yew hedging, flower beds with a mix of shrubs and plants. Within the garden you will find mature trees and shrubs. The family swimming pool at the end of the garden is enclosed and is powered by solar panels. (currently in need of attention). For keen tennis enthusiasts the full size tennis court is another feature for family entertainment.
- Built 1894
- Purchased 2015
- Tandridge District Council Band H (£4,141.04pa)
- Private Road
- Shared driveway with neighbours
- Lapsed planning permission for extension and attic conversion
- Combi boiler
- Mains gas traditional radiator heating
- Electrics professionally checked November 2020
- Power, lighting and ladder to loft
- Mains sewerage