Open views over its own land and an abundance of space creates this ideal country residence for family living. Originally constructed in the 1960s, the house has since been enlarged by the current owners, featuring an amazing ‘atrium’ style family room, where large areas of glass seemlessly take the living accommodation into the outdoor environment, optimising the views.
• Well proportioned and imposing Entrance Hall, semi-circular staircase to first floor
• Spectacular 13.65m x10m Family Room, located at the heart of the house, ideal for entertaining. Vaulted and beamed ceiling, feature raised central gas fire, patio doors to terrace
• Double aspect formal Drawing Room with an open fireplace with marble surround
• Magnificent double aspect Kitchen/Breakfast Room, bespoke fittings by ‘Mark Wilkinson’ including base and complimentary wall cupboards, built-in appliances including two Miele ovens, a coffee machine and a microwave. Gas fired AGA with 4 ovens, 2 hot plates and gas hob
• Dining room
• Utility room
• Master Bedroom, with luxurious ensuite bathroom, walk-in shower and roll top ‘Chadder and Co’ bath
• Bedroom Two, ensuite of a similar specification
• Four further double bedrooms and three well appointed bathrooms
• Three good sized rooms with a variety of uses. Currently arranged as a cinema room, games room and storage
The property is approached by 2 sets of heavy wrought iron gates to a carriage driveway. This leads to a detached double garage with a workshop. Above the garage, there is a self contained annexe with kitchen, bedroom, sitting room and shower room. Secluded gardens surround the property, with large Indian Sandstone terrace, flanked by large expanses of lawn. To the east, a raised terrace incorporates a sheltered barbeque/bar, plus an area with a pizza oven. There is a tennis court to the rear of the formal gardens. Beyond this, there is a large field and paddock with triple stable block and tack room.