This spectacular barn conversion is believed to date from the 16th Century, formed from a typical Wealden barn. The property is set in the former Old Surrey Hall estate, centred around a medieval manor house, which dates from about 1477, and has since been restored and extended in the 1920s.
This barn was converted to form a residence about the same time. The property retains much of the original character, with exposed timbers above ragstone and brick elevations to the front. Internally, the property provides much period charm with many exposed beams, oak doors and leaded light windows. A particular feature is the ‘farmhouse’ style kitchen with electric Aga. The accommodation is adaptable, with 2 staircases serving separate parts of the first floor.
Externally, there is an open barn style garage for 3 cars and a secluded rear garden overlooking woodland. There is also a small adjacent paddock. The grounds extend to about 1 acre.
• Entrance Hall, heavy oak front doors, flagstone flooring, rear door to garden.
• Hall Cloakroom, hand basin, low level WC.
• Drawing Room, arranged as 2 areas, divided by original oak framework, on 2 levels. On the
upper level, there is a feature fireplace with heavy oak beamed mantle and woodburning stove.
Under floor heating.
• Study, double doors to garden, door to secondary staircase. Under floor heating.
• Family Room, vaulted ceiling, corner woodburning stove on stone hearth. Under floor heating
• Excellent Kitchen/Dining Room, extensive range of matching base and wall cupboards, corian
work surfaces, central island with granite worktop, integrated appliances, electric AGA, door
• Utility Room.
• Main staircase from the entrance hall leads to the first floor:
• Principal Bedroom, a double aspect room with en-suite bathroom with white suite, also includ-
ing shower cubicle. Air conditioned.
• Bedroom, a double aspect room, fitted wardrobe cupboards.
• Bedroom, fitted wardrobe cupboards.
• (the above 2 bedrooms could be used as a suite)
• Family shower room.
• A secondary staircase from the rear hall leads to:
• Bedroom with in-built cupboards. Air conditioned. Walk in airing cupboard. • Bedroom, fitted cupboards. Air conditioned.
• Family shower room.
• Oil fired central heating throughout.
• Large front courtyard parking area (owned by the property).
• Gravelled driveway, 5 bar electric gate and pedestrian gate to rear garden.
• Brick paved drive to:
• Timber garaging barn incorporating 3 open bays, personal door to workshop. Attached studio/hobby room.
• Formal gardens, large expanse of lawn, rose shrub and herbaceous borders, screened by high evergreens and mature trees.
• Small paddock to the west of the property, screened by rhodedendrons, holly and mature oaks.
Adjacent public bridleway.
• Grounds extending to about 1 acre in all.
NB: some light fittings not included.
Services: mains water and electricity, private drainage.