This detached double fronted residence was originally constructed in the 1960's and subsequently has been the subject of a comprehensive program of refurbishment to create an individual, contemporary home of style and taste. The fully integrated Kitchen-Dining room is a particular feature, with by-fold doors opening to the garden.
On the outside there is planning consent for a garage to the front and the driveway provides ample car parking space. The mature gardens to the rear are an exciting feature, as these were part of the old Dormans Park Hotel, a Victorian building demolished in the 1960's. There is an old stone wall with steps up to a raised terrace. A 'secret garden' is a haven for wildlife. Two terraces adjoin the property, creating ideal space for entertaining and are adjoined by a large expanse of lawn. In all, the plot extends to about one third of an acre.
- Reception Hall, a 'through' room, views and double doors to garden, recently installed staircase by Neville Johnson with oak balustrading
- Dining Room
- Double Aspect Sitting Room, Aarrow wood burner, double doors to garden
- Family Room
- Comprehensively re-modelled Kitchen/Breakfast Room, integrated ovens, induction hob, microwave, dishwasher. Stand-alone Fridge Freezer, bi-folding doors to garden
- Utility Room, door to garden
- Well proportioned landing
- Master Bedroom, balcony, dressing room, en-suite shower room
- Family Bathroom, a white suite with whirlpool bath and separate shower
- Bedroom 2, en-suite shower room, access to balcony
- 3 Further Bedrooms
The property is one of a small number in West Hill, situated on the exclusive Dormans Park, amidst greenbelt countryside. The origins of the park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
Situated on the West Sussex/Surrey borders, the property is within 2.5 miles of the old market town of East Grinstead. Dormansland village is just over 1 mile with village store and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles offering local shopping facilities, the renowned Racecourse, and the highly regarded Lingfield College, an independent day school.
For commuters, Dormans Station is about 1 mile away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.