Originally constructed in the 1950s, this imposing detached residence has been in the same family ownership for the last 35 years. During this time, the property has been significantly enlarged and incorporates a self contained annexe, over 2 floors, which is ideal for guests or additional family. The property has the benefit of gas fired central heating from radiators, and double glazed windows.
Outside, the grounds are a particular feature with formal gardens, meadow and woodland which extend to about 4 acres in all.
- Entrance Hall with double entrance doors
- Cloakroom with WC and hand basin
- Large Sitting Room, stone fireplace with woodburner, bi-fold doors to terrace, double doors to:
- Dining Room, curved wall incorporating double doors to garden
- Kitchen, extensive range of matching base and wall cupboards, dishwasher, breakfast bar area, Rayburn range cooker
- Utility Room, door to outside
- Family Room, sliding doors to garden
- Master Bedroom, sliding doors to terrace with spectacular views over gardens. Large walk-in wardrobe, leading to ensuite bathroom with bath and separate shower, WC and twin basins
- 4 Further Bedrooms, 3 with built-in wardrobes
- Family Bathroom with bath and separate shower, basin and WC
- Accessed via its own entrance or from the main house
- Cloakroom with WC
- Sitting Room with brick fireplace and woodburning stove, dining area, spiral staircase from sitting room up to:
- Magnificent Bedroom with vaulted ceiling, doors to outside terrace, large walk-in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom with corner bath, separate shower, twin basins and WC
Gardens and Grounds
- Automatic entrance gates, driveway providing ample car parking space, lawns to the front with ornamental well
- Extensive rear terrace
- Large expanse of lawn, timber bridge over stream, meadow and woodland, an ideal haven for wildlife
- About 4 acres in all
- Garage area 5.8m x 5.6m
- Adjacent workshop
- Upstairs storage room
Situated in this exclusive area known as Dormans Park, the property enjoys a south easterly aspect to the rear of the house. The origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The old market town of East Grinstead is about 2.5 miles away. Dormansland village is just over 1 mile with village store and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles offering local shopping facilities, the renowned Racecourse, and the highly regarded Lingfield College, an independent day school. For commuters, Dormans Station is just over 1 mile away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.