NO ONWARD CHAIN – AVAILABLE ONLY TO BUYERS WHO DO NOT HAVE A DEPENDENT SALE OR WHO ARE ‘UNDER OFFER’.
This unique 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom end of terrace cottage is believed to date from the latter part of the 1700’s, with later additions. There are exposed timbers and large inglenook fireplace to the living room, although the property is not listed. There is the benefit of oil fired central heating. The rear windows of the property all have views over the garden of the adjacent cottage. The gardens of this property are a particular feature, where the conservatory and slightly raised decking have a westerly aspect and outstanding views.
• Reception Hall with part exposed brickwork
• Double Aspect Sitting Room – feature inglenook fireplace with exposed stone, brick hearth and multi fuel Aga stove
• Conservatory/Dining room, double doors to garden
• Kitchen, matching base and wall cupboards finished in cream. Concealed staircase to first floor and door to:
• Cloakroom/Utility Room with low level WC and hand basin
• Master Bedroom, in-built wardrobe cupboards, door to:
• En-suite Bathroom with white suite
• Bedroom 2
• En-suite Shower and Dressing Room with white suite
• Landing, currently also used as study area
Timber five bar gate, leads to driveway with car parking space. Lawned garden with mature Christmas tree. Garage 5.98m x 2.58m.
Rear garden, partly walled, circular terrace, raised decking. Lawn, pond. 2 timber garden sheds. Rear garden extends to approx 34m (111 ft.)
LOCATION: The property occupies a stunning rural location, in a hamlet of 9 cottages, approached by a long track over Holtye Golf Course. The cottage enjoys immediate access to the common, together with wonderful views over the fairway. The pretty village of Cowden is about 1 mile distant with St Mary’s Church, village hall, and ‘The Fountain’ public house. Cowden station provides a direct service to London Bridge. Local facilities, including Waitrose, can be found at Edenbridge which is about 4 miles away. More comprehensive facilities are situated in East Grinstead and Royal Tunbridge Wells, both of which have mainline stations. Central London is just 34 miles and for the international traveller, Gatwick Airport is about 15 miles distant.
SERVICES: Mains electricity and water, private drainage. Oil fired central heating.
PLEASE NOTE: The adjacent cottage (Number 2 Roger’s Town) has a right of way over the rear garden of this property.
Property on Map
- Principle and Interest