Built in the 1840’s, the house has been lovingly restored by the current owners and is bursting with original features throughout – high ceilings, fireplaces, a complementary mix of wooden and flagstone floors, refurbished and draft proofed sash windows and stylish reclaimed radiators – all contributing to the feeling of a dearly loved historic home.
Measuring 1760 square feet, Morven Court has an enviable amount of flexible space for living, entertaining and working. This includes the addition of a beautifully designed Georgian style Orangery (from Westbury Garden Rooms), bathed in sunlight and overlooking the main lawned garden. The property has a stunning Kutchenhaus kitchen with Industrial style fittings, exposed brick and timber wall and a walk-in pantry with arched glass fanlight. There are four lovely bedrooms with beautiful old floorboards – two with fireplaces – and a master bathroom with a cast iron freestanding bath, Axor Hansgrohe fittings and a lovely Georgian window.
Morven Court – extending over 1/3 of an acre – is approached by electric decorative wrought iron gates, opening to a long gravel drive edged by the original brick wall, and lined with peonies, lavender, and roses.
The property has a large private part-walled garden filled with wisteria, old roses, lavender, honeysuckle, a majestic magnolia, ginkgo trees and a stunning weeping silver birch. The garden is bathed in sunshine throughout the day – with the trees providing some gentle shade.
A second private part-walled courtyard garden – quiet and secluded – a beautiful suntrap for outdoor living during the summer months. A pretty wrought iron arbour decorated with grapevines provides welcome shade for dining in the summer months.
The location is perfect for walkers, runners, cyclists, dog owners and horse riders – step outside the gates and you are in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just waiting to be explored.
Mainline Rail Services from Lingfield and Dormansland (both within 1 1/2 miles) direct to London Victoria and London Bridge (approx. 45 minutes).
For those with children, Notre Dame Lingfield College – a vibrant and successful independent day school for children 0 – 18 years – is within easy walking distance. Imberhorne Comprehensive School and Sixth form (a highly ranked West Sussex school) and Oxted Co-educational Secondary School and Sixth form are close by.
There are 3 pubs and a Post office and General store in Dormansland Village, and it is just over a mile to Lingfield Village, with a GP surgery, Opticians, and other local amenities. There are two Waitrose supermarkets within 3 miles of the property.
Full fibre broadband – 900Mbps.
- Dearly loved historic home bursting with original features.
- Enviable amount of flexible space for living, entertaining and working, including a small wine cellar.
- Four lovely bedrooms with beautiful old floorboards and two stunning original fireplaces.
- Georgian style Orangery bathed in sunshine and overlooking the main garden.
- Large private part walled garden filled with wisteria, roses, and lavender - bathed in sunshine throughout the day.
- Master bathroom with Farrow and Ball painted cast iron freestanding bath, Axor fittings and lovely Georgian window.
- Perfect for walkers, runners, cyclists, dog owners and horse riders – step outside the gates and you are in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- Private part walled courtyard garden – a secluded suntrap for outdoor living through the summer months.
- Stunning Kutchenhaus kitchen with Industrial style fittings and walk in Pantry with arched glass fanlight.
- Unique secluded property set in the Green Belt with stunning countryside on the doorstep and yet easily commutable to London.
Property on Map
- Principle and Interest